Staying Accountable in Bear Country
Consider your impact
As our grizzly bear population continues to grow, it is becoming a top priority not only to maintain viable habitat to sustain this population, but also to implement proactive approaches to minimize conflicts between grizzly bears and humans.
When visiting Tom Miner Basin, please...
- Always hike in groups of three or more
- Carry bear spray and know how to use it
- Pack out all food and/or garbage
- Respect distance - all wildlife can be dangerous
- Practice caution and accountability - stay in your vehicle if a bear (or other wildlife) approaches the road
- Respect private property and stay on public roads and trails
- DRIVE SLOWLY
Thank you for helping to keep Tom Miner Basin both wild and conflict-free. We appreciate your cooperation.